Success is different to everyone. It also has many facets to it, not just monetary gain. In this instance, I am specifically talking about success as a result of high productivity and hard work for pursuing a career, your dreams and the like. I feel that successful people have a few distinct qualities that sets them apart from everyone else. These qualities are not always intrinsic, they are exercised and learned skills. It was important for me to write this because being young and ambitious, I have a few of these habits already but not all. People should always strive to be their best version of themselves right? To me, the best version of myself is when I am productive with my time. I wrote this list with some of my own knowledge, from books I have read, from observing and being around successful people, and from my father. This is going to be a great reference for me to look back on and I hope it is to you as well!
- Constantly be doing things.
- Keep a clean and organised desk.
- Make a 'things to do' list for the day, week, month.
- Have an agenda or calendar of important dates and deadlines
- Write out a detailed list of short term and long term goals. Short term goals should always lead to long term goals.
- Schedule your day in blocks. For instance, write out specifically what you intend to do in blocked time periods.
- 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM -Breakfast
- 8:30 AM - 11: 00 AM-Commute to work and respond to e-mails
- ...and so on and so forth.
- Have a people collection - contact information of your network and constantly follow up with them regardless of age, occupation or relation.
- Keep up with news and current events regardless of whether it is related to your industry of profession.
- Have outstanding communication skills.
- Read books.
Do you already possess a few of these habits?
Are there habits that you have observed and need to be on this list? Let's share a few!